A unique two-day course that demonstrates the links between a safety culture and profitability.
Who should attend this course?
Those who need a more in-depth knowledge of construction health and safety.
Trainees work in teams and study real life examples from high-risk areas in the construction industry. The course looks closely at the supervisors role as a coach and leader focusing on how to influence, train and instruct staff. Trainees learn management techniques for developing a safety culture and how to establish procedures to ensure employees act safely.
The Supervisor Gold Card course targets supervisors and those who need a more in depth knowledge of construction health and safety. The programme is like nothing else - it has been specifically designed in collaboration with the industry and complements the Passport induction.
The course is broken up into eight interactive modules that demonstrate how a safety culture and profitability can co-exist. Trainees work in teams and study real life examples from high-risk areas in the construction industry. They learn management techniques for developing a safety culture and how to establish procedures to ensure employees act appropriately.
Key areas of the course include:
- The effects that accidents have on overall costs and profits
- How to identify and eliminate the risks associated with project hazards and unsafe behaviour
- How to plan safety into projects by making safety convenient
- How to improve employee actions by using techniques that encourage employee observation and inspection
- How to take proactive steps to manage safety
- The ability to investigate accidents
- 20746 - Explain and implement health and safety plan procedures on site - level 4, 8 credits
- 21970 - Improve building or construction site safety through changed work practices, actions and attitudes - level 4, 6 credits.
Improving and Updating Health & Safety Knowledge
To ensure Supervisors are kept up-to-date with best practice developments in health and safety, a refresher course every two years is required. The next logical step for many Trainees after this course will be to attend the Supervisor Gold Card Update course.