Health and Safety Advisor
P: 09 622 9622
P: 021 809 425
Ann came to New Zealand in 1992 and studied at Auckland University of Technology to complete a Bachelor of Business. Ann worked at the NZ Immigration Service for three years and followed this with seven years at the Inland Revenue Department as a Business Taxation Advisor.
In 2011, Ann went to Singapore to work for Hexacon Construction in Singapore (SG) as a Project Executive in Safety, Health and Environmental where Ann managed multiple project sites. In the role of Project Executive, Ann provided the health, safety and environmental advice for all workplaces and was involved in auditing process, creating, managing and implementing health, safety and environmental systems. This also included work related accident and incident investigations and implementing new systems.
During her time in Singapore, Ann completed a number of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) qualifications from internationally recognised training institutes. Ann is a Malaysian born Chinese with a strong kiwi culture background. Being fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese means Ann can accommodate the needs of our diverse ethnicity industries.
Ann returned to New Zealand last year and worked for eHOME NZ, which is a pre-fabrication residential housing company. eHOME NZ manufacture houses in a factory and then erect them on site. Ann carried out factory and construction site inspections, conducted toolbox meetings and liaised with stakeholders in relations to HSE Legislation and other safety related issues.
Ann has highly developed multilingual skills along with hands-on knowledge of HSE in commercial, residential and factory construction. With an open minded, culturally sensitive, relatable and enthusiastic personality, Ann promotes positive safety culture in coaching, and mentoring to clients.
- Contractor Management and Implementation of the Site Specific Safety Plan
- Establishment of safe work sites
- Auditing factory and construction sites
- Accident investigation analysis and assessment
- Hazard ID
- Health, Safety and Environmental training development
- Health, Safety and Environmental management system development
- Job Safety Analysis
- Plant and machinery health and safety inspection
- STMS Level 2 and Level 3 NP
- Environmental Sediment and Erosion Control
- Hazardous Substances Approved Handler NZQA 20733 and 20645
- Certificate of Training for Quality Auditing NZQA 8086
- Traffic Controller Level 1
- Implementing and Running Effective Safety Committees
- Preparing ACC Audit
- First Aid Level 2
- Contractor Management
- Building Construction Advanced Passport
- Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Health and Safety Representative Course
- Height and Harness Safety Course
- IOSH - Managing Safety
- Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course (BCSS)
- Risk Management - Supervisor Course
- Manhole - Supervisor Course
- Best Practices for Green & Gracious Builders
- Management of Hazardous Chemicals Program
- Confined Space Assessor Course - bridging course
- Legal Aspects of workplace Safety, Health & Environment
- Work at Height - Supervisor Course