Bay of Plenty / Waikato / East Cape
Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer
P: 021 356 160
Emigrating from London, Chris joined the Site Safe Wellington team in February 2008 and brought with him a wealth of workplace health and safety knowledge. In June 2011, he became the dedicated advisor for Bay of Plenty and Waikato.
Previous Workplace Experience
Chris’ experience includes serving in the Royal Air Force and the civil service with Defence Estates in the UK. Chris was exposed to a comprehensive range of workplace cultures and stressful environments.
Work areas have included:
- Property and estate management with a national housing provider – managing customer expectations.
- Building maintenance/construction – managing workflow to maintain effective service.
- Logistics management including manual handling assessments and training.
- Working within high risk areas - airfields, fuel farms and explosive storage areas.
- Emergency management and planning – ensuring fallback systems are well prepared, communicated and practiced to an effective standard.
Prior to moving regions in 2011, Chris provided safety services across a range of high profile and high value construction projects within the Wellington region, providing auditing and hazard management assessments. Chris also developed close working relationships with ACC and DoL and the local business community through safety liaison groups.
Chris understands the positive benefits of health and safety management and the success the investment brings to a business.
- ACC WSD accredited trainer
- ACC – WSMP compliance consultation
- Workplace Safety Mentoring/Training
- Workplace Safety Risk Assessments
- Site Specific Safety Planning
- Health and safety management system development
- Emergency Planning for Business Continuity
- UK Higher National Certificate (Building Studies) Construction
- UK award NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- NZ Certificate in Adult Education and Training
- NZ Certificate in Environmental Management (SIT)
- NZIM Trained Workplace Health and Safety Auditor
- Manual Handling Assessor/Trainer
- Technical Grade Member NZISM
- Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Height and Harness Safety Trainer