Dunedin / Oamaru
Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer
P: 03 344 4582
P: 021 845 614
Dave joined Site Safe in 2015 as a Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer and is based in Dunedin.
He has worked in the health and safety field for over twenty years primarily in the construction and building maintenance industries.
His experience includes being a Local Authority Health and Safety Officer (UK), where he worked in construction health and safety, emergency management, the fire risk assessment of buildings and various other roles.
Before joining Site Safe, Dave held the post of Health and Safety Advisor for the Property Services Division of the University of Otago; based in Dunedin.
The Property Services Division operates New Zealand wide; and is responsible for almost $1.5 billion in assets including over 180 buildings covering over 26 hectares of land. These buildings are primarily situated in Dunedin with other properties in Wellington, Christchurch and Invercargill.
His experience in this role includes the management of health and safety systems in regard to Property Services employees and its Senior Management Team, management and oversight of the Division’s Approved contractor systems encompassing around 400 companies and approximately 2,000 individual contractors, development, management and oversight of permits and related systems for the management of hazardous works including working at height, confined spaces and hot work, the health and safety related evaluation of building design, provision of training and the preparation and evaluation of Site Specific Safety Plans for a wide variety of construction projects.
Dave has worked in a variety of industries providing a consultancy services to mining, manufacturing and construction clients.
Dave can bring to his clients:
- Assistance with interpretation of health and safety specific legislation
- Aid in developing safety plans and audits for specific purposes
- Facilitation and presentation of training
- Experience from a diverse range of safety areas
- Consistent and well researched advice on health and safety matters
- Hazard identification and accident investigation expertise
- ACC Partnership Programme preparation and audits
- Training and support services
- HASANZ Registered
- SafePlus Accredited
- Development of Health and Safety Management Systems
- Site specific safety plans
- Accident investigation
- Knowledge of ACC WSD WSMP
- Workplace assessments
- Health and safety training
- Auditing and inspection
- Resource development
- Workplace training and assessment
- Development of Health and Safety training programmes
- High risk and hazardous work, such as working at height and confined space
Health and Safety - New Zealand Institute of Management
- Diploma in Health and Safety Management Master Class (2008)
- Diploma in Health and Safety Management (2006)
National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH UK)
- National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (1998)
- National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (2001)
Institute of Sport and Recreational Management (IRSM UK)
- Competent Person - H&S Management of Sport and Leisure Centres (2001)
- Paper in H&S Auditing (2005)
Quality - New Zealand Organisation for Quality
- Certificate in Quality Assurance
- Internal Auditor
Training - NZQA
- US 4098 - Use standards to assess candidate performance