Health and Safety Advisor
P: 09 622 9624
P: 027 5222 307
Gary joined Site Safe in 2014 as a safety advisor, trainer and consultant in the civil and construction industry.
Gary has come from a back ground of 27 years in the telecommunication industry, managing a team of trades people who built and maintained telecommunication networks. This entailed business systems through to copper and fiber optic cable networks.
In 2000 Gary started a company along with some work colleagues that carried out civil construction work in the telecommunication industry. This meant having to set up health, safety and environmental systems to ensure that the company personnel and the public where kept safe.
Gary can bring to his clients
- Advice on health, safety, environmental and traffic management services in accordance ith the HSE Act, NZTA and other relevant legislation
- Kowledge of telecommunication networks & business systems,
- Experience with civil construction and site works
- Keenly developed stakeholder negotiation, communication and relationship management skills
- Strategic thinking, planning and implementation skills
- Continuous improvement in quality of service delivery
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Specialisation in health and safety issues pertaining to areas around working at height, confined spaces, EWP, prevention, management and PPE.
- Conducting inspections and investigations
- Compliance with HSE Act legislation
- Site Specific Safety Planning
- Health and safety management system
- NZTA Audits and Training
- Compliance / Audits of Construction /
- General Workplace
- Accident Investigation
- Health and safety, support, education and advice
- Mentoring / Training
- Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Advanced Trade Certificate
- First Aid
- Working at Height NZQA15757
- Working in Confined Spaces NZQA17599, 18426, 25510
- NZTA STMS 2-3 (NP) and Trainer L.1
- Railway Track Protection (ITD) Individual Train Detection
- Erosion And Sediment Control (TP90)