Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer
P: 04 815 8932
P: 021 190 2602
Coming from a manufacturing background having spent 18 years in the dairy industry, Jason has seen a lot of changes in regards to Health & Safety in the workplace. Jason commenced his career in health and safety dealing with high risk hazards as part of being on the Taranaki Fonterra emergency response team. From then he has been actively involved in the promotion of Health & Safety and its importance to employers and employees alike.
Jason has considerable abilities in health and safety training. He had his first exposure through coaching the Fonterra rescue team members in Industrial Rope Access and Rope Rescue. From there, Jason took on the role of providing in-house compliance training to the rest of the staff at Fonterra.
Jason went from strength to strength in training, as well as Site Safe courses his health and safety training skill experience includes: Chemical Emergencies/Handling, Confined space entry, Emergency Warden Duties and Safe Working at Heights, Fire Extinguisher training, Team Building, Emergency Preparedness, Chemical Emergencies and Working at Heights.
Additionally, Jason has construction sector experience at the coal face and this makes him a credible person to speak about the importance of personal health and safety and looking after others in the building workplace. Jason’s passion for Health and Safety lies in the focus of getting the message out to the sector: “by looking after ourselves and doing what we know is right, we then get to go home to our families at night.” He gains a huge amount of satisfaction in convincing employees and employers of that and seeing them change their attitudes and cultures on site ensuring a safer working environment.
Jason joined Site Safe in June 2011 and provides training and advisory to the Wellington area. His passion lies in training and coaching those working in smaller businesses in the construction sector.
Jason can bring to his clients:
- Specialisation in health and safety training pertaining to all areas of emergency response.
- Health and safety training programme development
- Consistency in the provision of health and safety services in accordance with the HSE Act and other relevant legislation and finding solutions for companies
- Team building relationship management skills with both employers and employees
- Continuous improvement in quality of service delivery
- Outstanding abilities in adult education training.
- Health and safety, support, education and advice
- Knowledge and experience in policy development
- Mentoring / Training
- Unitec Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Rope Access and Rope Rescue official certification
- Vertical Horizons Height Training 15757