Central Regional Manager
Central Regional Manager
P: 04 815 8791
P: 021 468 184
Starting in the construction industry in 1983, Jeff spent the following 20 years primarily in the rigging and scaffolding field, having also trained and worked as an Industrial Abseiler.
Jeff has been involved in project and business management for various New Zealand scaffolding companies.
Jeff later moved into workplace training and assessment for the BCITO and Tai Poutini Polytechnic, when the National Certificates for Scaffolding and Rigging were introduced. In early 1998 he became a Consultant and Trainer with Vertical Horizonz Ltd. Jeff specialised in occupational health and safety, specifically in height related issues including scaffolding, confined space entry, fall arrest systems and height safety management.
Jeff joined Site Safe in September 2002 as a Wellington Region Safety Advisor where he covered the Wellington and lower North Island up to and including Hawkes Bay across to Taranaki. In mid 2007 he was promoted to Lower North Island Regional Manager.
Jeff can bring to his clients
- Specialisation in health and safety issues pertaining to all areas of Working at Height.
- Consistency in the provision of health and safety services in accordance with the HSW Act and other relevant legislation.
- Extensive experience gained via working with a diverse portfolio of construction related clients.
- Keenly developed stakeholder negotiation and relationship management skills with both Employer and Employee groups.
- Strategic thinking, planning and implementation skills.
- Continuous improvement in quality of service delivery.
- Certified auditing skills to ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and best practice principles.
- Outstanding coaching and mentoring skills.
- Working at height
- Scaffold and rigging assessments
- Conducting inspections in accordance with HSW Act legislation
- Site Specific Safety Planning
- Health and safety management system development
- Health and safety training programme development
- Compliance / Audits of Construction / General Workplace
- Accident Investigation
- Health and safety, support, education and advice
- Mentoring / Training
- Unitec Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- NZQA National Certificate – Suspended Scaffolding
- NZQA National Certificate – Advanced Scaffolding
- NZIM Trained Auditor
- BCITO – Accredited Workplace Trainer and Assessor
- NEBOSH IGC for Occupational Safety & Health