Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer
P: 09 634 4737
P: 021 190 5503
Jim brings extensive experience to the construction health and safety industry. After more than 30 years involvement, his responsibilities have encompassed a wide range of operational activities including managing a diverse team of Construction Inspectors, General Workplace Inspectors and Health professionals.
Prior to joining Site Safe in mid-2006, Jim was Team Leader at the Penrose branch of the Department of Labour. He was a Deputy Senior Inspector of Factories for eight years before becoming a senior Health and Safety Inspector for six years with the Department. He was then appointed Acting Branch Manager of the Penrose branch for three years. Prior to joining the Department of Labour in 1985 he was an Engineering Tradesman for 15 years.
Jim has extensive experience working with a wide range of people in the workplace from Labourers through to Managing Directors/CEO’s. He is able to develop constructive relationships across organisations and the wider business community.
Jim can bring to his clients:
- Consistency in the provision of health and safety services in accordance with HSE Act and other relevant legislation.
- Extensive experience gained via working with a diverse portfolio of construction related clients.
- Keenly developed stakeholder negotiation and relationship management skills with both Employer and Employee groups.
- Strategic thinking, planning and implementation skills.
- Continuous improvement in quality of service delivery.
- Certified auditing skills to ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and best practice principles.
- Outstanding coaching and mentoring skills.
- Conducting inspections and investigations in compliance with HSE Act legislation
- Site Specific Safety Planning
- Health and safety management system development
- Compliance / Audits of Construction / General Workplace
- Accident Investigation
- Health and safety, support, education and advice
- Mentoring / Training
- Graduate Diploma of Business Studies (Marketing) – Auckland University
- Unitec Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Transit NZ Level 2/3 STMS Non -Practising
- New Zealand Institute Management – Trained Auditor
- Safety & Health Certificate – Massey University