Otago / Southland / Fiordland
Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer
P: 021 468 906
Kevin began his career in health & safety in 1995, after a full career in the British Armed Services. Whilst still serving, Kevin was responsible for managing joint service projects for the Ministry of Defence developing and implementing health & safety systems from civil engineering/construction to theaters of conflict and humanitarian aid.
In 1997, Kevin became the Health and Safety Advisor for UK based FTSE 100 company with responsibilities for all aspects of health and safety. The role required policy, systems and procedural development, implementation and auditing in conjunction with project management, legislative interpretation and expert witness. In 2002, Kevin became the Group Health & Safety Advisor for this company providing advice, guidance and compliance across the group’s operations in 62 countries.
Kevin developed and implemented an internal health and safety management system to allow for meaningful data to be captured across borders with like-for-like interpretation and performance auditing by applying construction and design management principals from design to end-use. This brought together clients, designers and principals for greater cohesion in managing projects safely.
Kevin has managed major projects in Europe, Scandinavia, China, Australia, Russia and the United Kingdom. His last projects were the redevelopment of the Group Client Offices in Victoria Street, London and Redevelopment of Asia/Pacific Regional Offices, Hong Kong.
Kevin joined Site Safe New Zealand in September 2007 as a Safety Advisor/Trainer for the Canterbury Region.
Kevin can bring to his clients
- Considerable expertise in the development and implementation of health and safety management systems
- Consistency in the provision of health and safety services in accordance with industry practice
- Extensive experience gained via working with a diverse portfolio of construction related clients
- Keenly developed stakeholder negotiation, communication and relationship management skills
- Strategic thinking, planning and implementation skills
- Certified auditing skills to ensure compliance with best practice principles
- Outstanding coaching and mentoring skills
- Construction, design management
- Project management
- Implementation of health and safety management systems such as BS8800, HSG65, ISO 18001
- Development of health and safety management systems
- Accident investigation, analysis and assessment
- Noise and light assessments
- Crisis and emergency response
- Health and safety training
- Auditing and inspection
- Resource development
- Workplace training and assessment
- Environmental Assessor and Auditor ISO 14001
- Development of health and safety training programmes
- Public speaking/presentations/mentoring
- High risk work, such as toxic chemicals and confined space
- Historic restoration
- National Examination Board Safety and Health Diploma in Health and Safety Management (NEBOSH)
- National Examination Board Safety and Health Post Grad Certificate in Health and Safety Management
- Institute of Environmental Management Environmental Assessor and Auditor Certificate.
- Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- NZIM Trained Auditor