Health and Safety Advisor and Trainer
P: 04 815 8795
P: 021 630 605
Ryan joined the Site Safe Team in Auckland as a Safety Advisor in 2006 and then took another path working as a Regional Safety Manager at one of New Zealand’s largest construction companies. Ryan returned back to Site Safe in early 2011.
Ryan is a responsible and self-aware people manager with the ability to motivate and develop teams to achieve their full potential – a passion of Ryan’s. He has a wide range of mentoring and coaching skills with over eight years of construction industry experience. Excellent communication and negotiation skills give Ryan the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients, contractors and colleagues at all levels.
Ryan is able to relate and understand the needs in many of the different sectors of construction and in many sized businesses due to his career in boat building and then moving to the residential arena as a roofing contractor. Ryan’s progression has also led him to working as a Regional Health and Safety Manager for Hawkins Construction where he gained hands-on experience and worked with a diverse portfolio of large scale projects for high profile clients. While in this job Ryan’s key responsibilities were working together with managers to create winning tenders.
He worked with and alongside site management to set health and safety key performance indicators for the wider region and achieve those safety goals and objectives. Ryan reported and reviewed onsite safety systems and site performance. He identified training needs and supported employees’ professional development.
Another key skill of Ryan’s is delivering safety audits and reviews to business owners and managers. The experience as the recipient of Site Safe’s audits gives him clear direction on delivering customer satisfaction so that their health and safety programmes make a major positive impact on their business.
- Safety Consultant Experience
- Confined Space Entry
- Gas Detection
- Breathing Apparatus / Systems
- Working at Height
- Permit Systems
- Course development and delivery
- Health and Safety Management System development
- Site Specific Safety Planning
- Compliance/Audits of construction/General workplace
- Conducting inspections in accordance with HSE Act legislation
- Experienced High Level Trainer
- New Zealand Fire Service Senior Fire Fighter 14+ years
- Accident Investigation
- Health and Safety support, education training and mentoring
- Trained in Confined Space & Rescue
- New Zealand Fire Service Trained in Breathing Apparatus
- New Zealand Fire Service Rope Rescue training
- New Zealand Fire Service Driver training
- NZISM Trained Auditor
- Workplace First Aid Trained
- CAA Private Pilots Licence
- Construction Management
- NZQA 15757 Height Trained
- Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety