Health and Safety Advisor
P: 09 622 9627
P: 021 800 619
Scott has been working in the New Zealand and Australian Safety industries for the past ten years. Whilst primarily specialising in the New Zealand and Australian power industries with companies like Genesis Energy, Contact Energy, and Synergy Australia.
Scott has work within many large construction projects is committed raising the level of safety with positive attitude and has achieved very positive results. Having suffered a workplace accident whilst serving 13 years in the Australian Army that nearly took his life in 2001. Scott knows only too well the importance of having good safety and wellbeing systems that work on all levels, and with this and his ability to communicate on multiple levels.
Scott is committed to changing the face of safety to a positive, and proactive culture. With his extensive background, in safety training as well he has a in depth knowledge in Legislation, human factors, permit systems and numerous other subjects.
Completing a lead auditor in both safety and quality with SAI Global in 2012 has only increased his ability to take a holistic approach to safety systems. Having worked with many investigation processes over the years including ICAM and holding the qualification of Incident Lead Investigator, he is a very competent incident investigator and has carried out multiple investigations from the minor to the potentially catastrophic. A background in emergency response also helps Scott understand full cycle of a safety plan and the importance of being prepared just in case our layers of controls fail.
- Workplace Assessor
- Health and Safety Level 4
- Lead Auditor Health and Safety/Quality
- Pre Hospital Emergency Care
- Workplace Fire and Emergency Response
- Exercise Initial Command and Control at Hazardous Substance Emergencies
- Carry out Decontamination Procedures
- Breathing Apparatus qualified
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- Risk/Hazard Identification and Control
- Basic Rope Rescue qualified
- Confined Space Trainer
- Major Incident/Accident Investigation using Analysis Reference Tree Trunk (ART-T)
- Incident Lead Investigator competent
- Height Safety