Scholarship applications now open
01 Jul 2019
Site Safe is supporting New Zealand’s up-and-coming health and safety leaders with its 2019 range of scholarships.
Applications for the Site Safe Scholarships open now and and close on August 30.
Successful applicants get complimentary training from any of Site Safe’s courses that can then be used towards a tertiary qualification such as the new NZ Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3). This certificate course offers several pathways for study for everyone from worker/leading hand/foreman through to managers and business owners, with plenty of chances to personalise your study.
As well, each scholarship recipient will team up with one of Site Safe’s skilled staff who will act as a dedicated mentor to provide full support for the training and the assignment work.
Site Safe will also work with the successful recipients to see which courses will provide the most benefit and will look after the scheduling and booking of courses.
As a bonus graduates get a free ticket to Site Safe’s Awards and Evening of Celebration in Auckland each year to join in the industry’s awards night. People outside of Auckland get free flights and accommodation.
The scholarship application form is here.
Each Scholarship application is assessed against the following criteria, which was developed when the programme was initiated:
- Leadership skills
- Commitment to Safety
- Work ethic
- A contribution to safety in the workplace and in their industry
- Employer support, or as a sole trader
There are five categories for entry:
- Under 25 years of age (any ethnicity)
- Open category (any age or ethnicity)
- Maori of any age
- Pasifika of any age
- Woman working in construction (any age or ethnicity)
Who Can Get a Scholarship?
You can be nominated by your employer if you:
- Are a New Zealand Citizen or a New Zealand Permanent Resident
- Are over the age of 18
- Are of Maori or Pasifika descent (if applying under the Maori or Pasifika category)
- Are under 25 years of age* (if applying under the under 25 years of age category)
- Are a woman working in construction (if applying under the Women in Construction category)
You may apply for more than one category if you qualify across more than one.
If your application is successful Site Safe will contact you or your employer by phone and email.
More information on Site Safe's Scholarships can be found here.