WorkSafe to host carcinogens and airborne risks roadshow
01 Sep 2022
WorkSafe is hosting an interactive Carcinogens and Airborne Risks national roadshow between September 20 and November 15.
The roadshow, comprised of 11 events across New Zealand, is part of WorkSafe’s initiatives to prevent harm from Cancer-causing pollutants and airborne risks that might be inhaled or interact with the skin.
At least 31 per cent of work-related harm can be attributed to carcinogens and airborne exposures, according to WorkSafe.
The roadshow will focus on identifying, controlling, and managing carcinogens and airborne risks with a specific emphasis on asbestos, silica, welding fume and wood dust.
It is expected to be practical and interactive and there will be an opportunity to engage with the WorkSafe team and subject matter experts.
Attendees will also be provided with the necessary tools to better manage these risks and comply with their regulatory obligations.
All events will run from 7am to 3pm and it should take no more than 90 minutes to walk through and talk to the WorkSafe team.
Locations and dates:
- South Auckland - Tuesday 20 September
- North Auckland - Thursday 22 September
- Hamilton - Tuesday 27 September
- Tauranga - Thursday 29 September
- Gisborne - Tuesday 4 October
- Palmerston North - Thursday 6 October
- New Plymouth - Tuesday 11 October
- Wellington - Thursday 13 October
- Blenheim - Tuesday 8 November
- Christchurch - Thursday 10 November
- Dunedin - Tuesday 15 November
Pre-registration is not a requirement, but it is recommended so WorkSafe can keep you up-to-date with the latest event information. You can register here.
Those who pre-register and attend will be in the draw to win a training package.
More details on the roadshow and how you can get involved can be found on the WorkSafe website.