SiteWise makes the tendering process more simple and efficient by aiding in better, informed contractor selections.
What is SiteWise?
SiteWise is an online prequalification system developed and powered by Site Safe NZ which grades a contractor's health and safety capability. Main contractors and principal organisations who have signed up to use SiteWise can view the results of the contractors assessment through the SiteWise Contractor Database.
Contractors complete a 12 step questionnaire, which is assessed by qualified health and safety practitioners. This assessment results in a percentage score, which is published in the SiteWise Contractor Database and can be accessed by main contractors or principal organisations who have signed up to use SiteWise.
How Does SiteWise Work?
Assessment results are recorded in a traffic light system in the database to make it easy for main contractors and principals to see your business' performance at a glance.
- Green (scores over 75%) - quality health and safety systems
- Amber (scores 50-74%) - health and safety systems need some work or lack evidence to demonstrate quality systems
- Red (scores under 50%) - health and safety systems not in place or not enough evidence to show systems are in place.
The higher your score, the better you can demonstrate your commitment to good health and safety practices to main contractors or principal organisations who might want to work with you.
And because the assessment results are valid for a year, you may avoid having to provide evidence of health and safety system processes/compliance/competence on a project-by-project basis.
You can also upload your insurance documents. Contractors looking to hire you can be sure your insurance is up-to-date and you will even receive alerts when your documents are about to expire.
SiteWise process. Click image to enlarge.
Benefits To Your Business
By registering with SiteWise, and completing the assessment process you'll:
- Get access to independent and cost effective advice on how you can improve your health and safety practices quickly and easily
- Be able to display your commitment to good health and safety practices to main contractors or principal organisations who might want to work with you
- Minimise the need to provide evidence of good health and safety practice with each new project, as the assessment results are valid for a year
For more information or to sign up, visit the SiteWise website and sign up online.