This one day course is designed to help you achieve your project goals and meet your legal requirements when contracting work out to others.
The Contractor Management course is suitable for contractors, clients, consultants, principal contractors and others within the construction industry.
With the Contractor Management course you will:
- Gain skills in project scoping, planning and monitoring
- Confidently prequalify and select contractors
- Earn 8 credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety
What The Course Covers
- The business case for Health and Safety
- The contractor management process
- New legal responsibilities
- Project scoping including early stage influence and safety in design
- Contractor safety plans
- Leadership and accountability in safety
- Assignment to be completed at trainees workplace
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the Construction industry, to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the benefits of selecting contractors who perform safely
- Understand the legal responsibilities for managing contractors
- Understand how to scope a project effectively
- Recognise obligations of contractor health and safety performance
- Understand best practice for selecting contractors
- Understand how good health and safety helps achieve project goals
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) that indicates your level of training and gives you access to site (valid for two years)
- 8 credits towards the Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Contractor Management Certificate
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again, expand your Health and Safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you.Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after completing successfully this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.