A one day course designed as a refresher in implementing and maintaining a culture of safety and performance on site
The Supervisor Update course is suitable for all site leaders including supervisors, foremen and leading hands who have previously completed the two day Supervisor course.
With the Supervisor Update course you will:
- Recognise and improve the key drivers of site safety culture
- Improve health and safety awareness of everyone working on your
- Earn 9 credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety
What The Course Covers
- Engaging with workers and contractors to avoid confrontation
- Removing cultural barriers to safe worker performance
- Identifying and correcting root incident causes without blame
- Increasing hazard and incident reporting
- Using accountability to drive high level performance
- Achieving the big picture benefits safety provides to projects and organisations
- Assignment to be completed at trainees workplace
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the Construction industry, to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You Will Learn
- Put safety management improvements in place
- Identify and manage cultural roadblocks which hold back high level performance
- Influence overall improvement in site, company and industry safety culture
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
- A Gold Site Safety Card/Passport (valid for two years)
- A Supervisor Certificate
- Supervisor Workbook
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- 9 credits towards the Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you.Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.