Passport Plus - Flexi (Online + Classroom)
Site Safe's newest course, the Passport Plus – Flexi (Online + Classroom), combines the advantages of both online and in-class learning. With access to online modules and a two-hour in-class session, trainees can select the topics most relevant to them, while still getting a solid grounding in how to stay safe on site.
This course is designed to give trainees the best of both worlds: choice, flexibility and in-class time with one of our expert health and safety advisors.
The Passport Plus - Flexi is suitable for workers and anyone looking for a flexible, cost-effective renewal option.
The Passport Plus - Flexi (Online + Classroom) offers you:
- A simple, cost-effective way to renew your Site Safety Card (Passport)
- Freedom to study online at your own pace at a time and location that suits you
- In-class access to an expert health and safety advisor
- Regularly updated information relevant to the risks you face on site
- A solid grounding in health and safety essentials
Please note online modules must be completed within two months of booking the course. Trainees must complete the two online modules and the in-class session before receiving their Site Safety Card (Passport). The online link to choose the modules will be sent directly to the trainee's email after the course is purchased.
If you have already purchased and registered for this course and want to log in to complete the online modules, please go to https://learn.sitesafe.org.nz.
This course includes a two-hour in-class session and access to two online modules. Each module is interactive and engaging, featuring images, audio and quizzes. Trainees select from a library of regularly updated topics - all they need is an email address and a computer or tablet with internet. Each user-friendly module takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and is designed so trainees can learn at their own pace.
Select any two modules from our library, which currently includes:
- Asbestos: learn how asbestos harms health, some of the places it can be found and what to do if you find it. This is a basic awareness module and does not cover how to remove or dispose of asbestos.
- Noise: learn how noise can affect you and how to manage hearing-related risks. This module introduces workers to their legal responsibilities and the types of equipment that pose the greatest risk to hearing.
- Worker Basics: learn about the dangers of fatigue, drugs, alcohol and stress, and your legal responsibilities as a worker. This module introduces workers to hazard identification and how to assess levels of risk.
- Manual Handling: learn what manual handling is and the potential injuries it can cause. This module covers what controls can be used when lifting or moving material and strategies that can reduce harm.
- Mobile Plant: learn about the risks workers face when working with or near mobile plant. This module introduces workers to hazard identification, training and competency, spotters, site lay out and planning.
- Electrical Safety: learn about electrical dangers on-site and the importance of staying safe when working around electricity.This is a basic awareness module and is not suitable for electricians.
2hr In-Class Session
The two-hour in-class session introduces trainees to essential health and safety principles, including:
- Reasons for being safe and how to take action on-site
- How to shape health and safety culture through positive conversations
- Understanding the basic risks and responsibilities of working on site
- Improving health and safety awareness on site
What You'll Get at The End of the Course
- Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- Four Licensed Building Practitioner points
- Three credits towards the Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety (only one Passport level course may be counted towards the certificate)
- Site Safe Passport Handbook
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access, you don't need to complete the same course again - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. We offer a range of one and two-day courses which will renew your Site Safety Card/Passport.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
With over 60,000 New Zealand construction workers attending a Site Safe Passport course each year, most major New Zealand contractors require a Site Safety Card for entry to their sites, and as a prerequisite in their tender process.
As well as offering Passport courses, Site Safe also offers a range of one and two-day courses which automatically renew Site Safety Cards/Passports.