Site Safe Scholarships
Each year Site Safe supports the health and safety leaders of tomorrow by providing scholarships to complete higher-level learning.
Applications are open from now until 30 August 2019
Download here: Scholarship application form 2019
Applying for a scholarship is a great way to jump start your career and achieve your leadership goals in the construction industry. You can apply whether you’re employed, an individual, or a sole trader.
If your application is successful, enjoy the benefits of complimentary training and quality mentorship, then celebrate your graduation with the rest of the industry at the Site Safe Awards and Evening of Celebration.
Scholarships are open to employees from both Site Safe member and non-member companies.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship includes:
- Complimentary training from any of our Site Safe courses that you can use to work towards completing our Health and Safety in Construction programme, which leads to the NZQA recognised New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3). Training must be completed over a 6 to 12-month period.
- A dedicated mentor who will provide full support in completing training and assignment work.
- A complimentary ticket to Site Safe's Awards and Evening of Celebration where you'll graduate and be a part of the awards evening with the rest of industry. If you are based outside of Auckland, we'll arrange complimentary return flights and accommodation.
There are five categories for entry:
- Under 25 years of age (any ethnicity)
- Open category (any age or ethnicity)
- Maori of any age
- Pasifika of any age
- Woman working in construction (any age or ethnicity)
Who can get a scholarship
You can be nominated by your employer if you:
- Are a New Zealand Citizen or a New Zealand Permanent Resident
- Are over the age of 16
- Are of Maori or Pasifika descent (if applying under the Maori or Pasifika category)
- Are under 25 years of age* (if applying under the under 25 years of age category)
- Are a woman working in construction (if applying under the Women in Construction category)
How are scholarships applications assessed?
The applications are assessed against the following criteria:
- Leadership skills
- Commitment to safety
- Work ethic
- A contribution to safety in the workplace and in their industry
- Employer support, or as a sole trader