Why Choose Site Safe Training?
Site Safe is NZQA approved.
Ongoing quality assurance, expert trainers and industry moderation mean our courses are of the highest standard. Trainees receive quality training and employers get value for their training investment.
The experience you have and the benefit you will receive from Site Safe training is among the best in New Zealand.
Site Safe Holds the Highest Rating Available From NZQA
- Site Safe is a Category 1 NZQA approved Registered Private Training Establishment (PTE), and is regularly audited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
- Many of our courses provide NZQA Unit Standards to help towards your continued professional development.
- Every Site Safe course you do counts towards the Certificate in Construction Site Safety, all you need is 40 credits to graduate.
View our Site Safe Unit Standards and CPD Matrix, which includes a list of all the Unit Standards we cover.
We Partner with the Construction and ITO Industry
The Construction industry maintains an on-going and vital stake in ensuring the continued improvement of Site Safe training courses.
Because Site Safe training is designed specifically for the construction workforce, we engage industry experts in the development of each training module.
Ongoing quality assurance is maintained through:
- Course evaluation form review and feedback
- Regular evaluations and appraisals of trainers
- Analysis of assignment pass rates and moderation of assignment markers for consistency in assessment
- Engaging with industry individuals once a year to moderate course assessment material
- Engage ITOs to moderate and assess unit standard performance against specific performance criteria
Unitec Institute of Technology
Unitec Institute of Technology is New Zealand's largest polytechnic, and Site Safe's tertiary partner.
Site Safe training courses build towards the Unitec/Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety. Site Safe works closely with Unitec to quality assure course material for content and delivery.
You’ll Receive a Quality Training Experience
When bringing new trainers on board they are assessed on:
- Their training and facilitation skills
- Construction and health and safety expertise
- Industry background
- Their health and safety qualifications and accreditations
Every trainer follows a thorough induction programme prior to delivering their first course.
You'll Receive a Site Safety Card (Passport)
This Site Safety Card is awarded to people who have successfully completed a Site Safe approved training course that provides site access to many construction sites in New Zealand.
Adopting the Site Safety Card (passport) as a site requirement is an effective way an employer, main contractor or client can help meet their legal responsibility to ensure that employees and contractors are not harmed while carrying out their work.
The Site Safety Card comes in a range of colours (white, silver and gold to indicate the level of the training), and replaces Site Safe’s range of passport and certificate cards.
Both these new cards, and any older-style Site Safe cards with a valid expiry date can be used to gain access to construction worksites in NZ.
You Can Record Your Learning as Professional Development/Accreditation
New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM)
- Completing Site Safe training is professional development and can be included as part of your NZISM CPD Reflective Learning Record.
Health and Safety Association of New Zealand (HASANZ)
- Completing Site Safe training can be used as evidence for your HASANZ application against relevant areas of competency, along with details of your relevant experience.
- Independent health and safety consultants and in-house professionals who are members of and meet the required competency standards of a HASANZ member association can list on the Register.
Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP)
- Register your learning to maintain your LBP Skills Maintenance points. One hour of learning = one point.
We Offer Training Courses in a Range of Languages
As the Construction industry is made up of many ethnic cultures, Site Safe delivers training in a range of languages to promote and advance a culture of safety.
Our most popular Foreign Language course is the four-hour Foundation Passport - Building Construction, which is regularly delivered in the following languages.
Other courses, languages and regions are available on request.
Fees vary according to membership and include an additional charge of $23 per trainee to cover the cost of professional interpreter services.