How to renew your EWRB licence due to COVID
If your Registered Electrical Workers course has been cancelled due to COVID lockdown or restricted alert levels, and you need to renew your licence, we can advise the following:
- Email email@example.com with a copy of their course cancellation email from Site Safe.
- EWRB will reply and may advise the Learner of a waiver providing them with permission to renew with the condition that they complete a Competency Programme course within two months of their area entering Alert Level 2.
- If the Electrical Worker (Learner) has been advised of their waiver, they may then go on-line (EWRB website) to renew and pay the fee so their licence can be issued.
- A note will be placed on their file by EWRB for follow-up confirmation of Competency Programme completion within the two month grace period.
- If the course is not completed within the two month grace period, their new licence may be cancelled.
Important: EWRB must receive confirmation of a cancelled course and the Electrical Worker (Learner) must have received advice of their waiver before they go on-line to renew.
Note: If Alert Levels 3 & 4 effect Electrical Workers (Learners) who have yet to book onto a course and are failing to meet their Competency Programme requirements, EWRB may consider them for a waiver on a case-by-case basis.