Health and Safety in Construction Programme
Site Safe’s Health and Safety in Construction programme provides you with essential health and safety training you need to make a difference at work. Completing this programme will award you with a New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) recognised New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3).
To complete the programme, you’ll need a minimum of 40 Site Safe programme credits. These are earned by completing Site Safe courses.
The following rules apply to completing this programme:
- You must achieve a minimum of 40 programme credits.
- You must complete two of the following courses:
- You may cross credit recognised learning from other providers up to a maximum of 10 credits. Please refer to the Programme Handbook for further details on which unit standards or courses Site Safe recognise, and contact Site Safe for further information.
- You must complete your programme of learning within five years from the date of enrolment.
When the above criteria has been met you will be ready to graduate. Graduation events are held annually at our Evening of Celebration events in Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch. If you wish to meet the deadlines for these events, please get in touch with us and we can support you.
By completing the Health and Safety in Construction programme you will:
- Become a health and safety leader
- Develop your career and skills
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety training
- Proudly stand for health and safety in the New Zealand construction industry
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements and contribute to the wider construction industry in New Zealand
For more information, download the Health and Safety in Construction handbook.
Course credit values
One and two day courses
- Accident Investigation and Prevention (7 credits)
- Advanced Safety Harness Systems (9 credits)
- First Aid Construction Safety (2 credits)
- Safety Harness Systems (6 credits)
- Health and Safety in Contracting (7 credits)
- Health and Safety Representatives (9 credits)
- Leadership in Safety (7 credits) *
- Risk Management (8 credits) *
- Site-Specific Safety Planning (7 credits) *
- Supervisor (10 credits)
- Training and Supervising Workers (7 credits)
- Registered Electrical Worker (4 credits)
* learners will need to have completed two of the three mandatory courses to be eligible to graduate.
For more information on the programme please refer to our programme handbook.
For more information about what to expect on course, completing your assignments or learning support (including English language assistance), please refer to our Learner Guide, or contact us on 0800 748 372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year Site Safe offers scholarships to those who demonstrate a commitment to leadership in Health and Safety. The scholarship programme supports recipients through their journey to graduation. Applications for scholarships open in July.
Find out more about the eligibility criteria, application criteria and scholarship benefits.
Build your programme your way
Choose which role best suits you to see how you can achieve the Health and Safety in Construction programme.