Health and Safety in Contracting
This one day course (formerly named Contractor Management) will help you influence health and safety in the contracting process. This course uses industry specific examples and scenarios to help you understand; the role you play, your responsibilities, the cost benefits, and how to coordinate-cooperate-consult throughout the contracting process.
The Health and Safety in Contracting course is designed for those who influence the health and safety decisions in the contracting process, such as: principle and sub-contractors, clients, consultants, managers and others within the construction industry.
What The Course Covers
- Identify the roles and legal responsibilities in the contracting process
- Recognise the benefits of selecting contractors who perform safely
- Recognise how to get involved and influence each stage of the contracting process
- Recognise safety culture and key performance indicators
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
- A Gold Site Safety Card (Passport) that indicates your level of training and gives you access to site (valid for two years)
- Health and Safety in Contracting Certificate
- 7 credits towards the Health and Safety in Construction Programme
Your Next Learning Steps
Completing this course and passing the assignment means you'll gain/renew your site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access again you don't need to complete the same course - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options.
Completing this course will also mean that you are well on your way to gaining a qualification in health and safety; check out the Health and Safety in Construction Programme page for more info.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.