Accident Investigation & Prevention
A one-day course designed for anyone who is involved in their company’s accident investigation process.
This course is suitable for anyone who is responsible for participating in the accident investigation & prevention process, including: Business Owners, Project Managers, Site Managers, Contract Managers, Construction Managers, Health and Safety Managers, Supervisors and Foremen
With the course learners will
- Examine the concepts of multiple causation and root cause analysis.
- Gain the tools to effectively participate in any step in the accident and incident investigation process, including; encouraging incident reporting, gathering information, analysing root causes, implementing corrective action and follow-up.
- Earn 7 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction programme.
What the Course Covers
- Learning to describe the importance and the benefits of accident and incident reporting and investigating
- Recognising the concept of multiple causation and root cause analysis
- Understanding the systematic process of undertaking accident investigation
- Identifying information needed in your accident investigation reports
- Creating a learning culture that eliminates root causes
Assessment – take-home assignment
What You’ll Get at the End of the Course
After successfully completing the course you will receive:
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- 7 credits toward Health and Safety in Construction certificate
- Eight Licensed Building Practitioner points
- Unit Standard 17601 – Produce an occupational health and safety incident investigation (Level 4)
- A downloadable and printable E-certificate to celebrate your achievement.
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards the Health and Safety in Construction Programme.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.
Need to maintain or renew your Site Safety card?
Maintain your Site Safety Card by choosing the right course for your current role. Download our easy to read card/course option poster and progress your career with our Health and Safety in Construction Programme Certificate.