Accident Investigation & Prevention
A one-day course designed for anyone who is involved in their company’s accident investigation process.
This course is suitable for anyone who is responsible for participating in the accident investigation & prevention process, including: Business Owners, Project Managers, Site Managers, Contract Managers, Construction Managers, Health and Safety Managers, Supervisors and Foremen
With the course learners will
- Examine the concepts of multiple causation and root cause analysis
- Gain the tools to effectively participate in any step in the accident and incident investigation process, including; encouraging incident reporting, gathering information, analysing root causes, implementing corrective action and follow up
- Earn 7 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction programme
What the Course Covers
- Learning to describe the importance and the benefits of accident and incident reporting and investigating
- Recognising the concept of multiple causation and root cause analysis
- Understanding the systematic process of undertaking accident investigation
- Identifying information needed in your accident investigation reports
- Creating a learning culture that eliminates root causes
Assessment – take-home assignment
What You’ll Get at the End of the Course
After successfully completing the course you will receive:
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- 7 credits toward Health and Safety in Construction certificate
- Eight Licensed Building Practioner points
- Unit Standard 17601 – Produce an occupational health and safety incident investigation (Level 4)
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards the Health and Safety in Construction Programme.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.