Leadership in Safety
A one day course designed to help you lead an improved safety culture and effective health and safety systems.
The Leadership in Safety course is suitable for senior managers, executives and senior site staff.
With the Leadership in Safety course you will:
- Determine and positively affect organisational health and safety priorities
- Be equipped to strengthen and drive the safety at your workplace
- Earn 12 credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety
What The Course Covers
- The origin of organisational culture
- How to recognise a culture of safety
- The importance of commitment, values and beliefs
- Safety systems versus safety leadership
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for safety outside of lost time injuries (LTIs)
- Implementing an accountability process
- Taking the next step towards improving safety and profitability
What You Must Bring To The Course
- Please bring a copy of your company safety manual, safety system or safety programme
- Assignment to be completed at trainees workplace
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the Construction industry, to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You Will Learn
- Clearly define safety responsibilities at all levels
- Communicate responsibilities to staff and subcontractors
- Monitor that safety activities and responsibilities are met
- Provides positive reinforcement performance feedback
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) that indicates your level of training and gives you access to site (valid for two years)
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- 12 credits towards the Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
- Leadership in Safety Certificate
Please note: all the above will be provided upon successful completion of the course assignment.
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again, expand your Health and Safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you.Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after completing successfully this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.