Passport Plus - Worker Health
A cost-effective option for renewing Site Safety Cards, the Passport Plus - Worker Health course builds on the knowledge introduced in the entry-level Passport courses.
During this four-hour course, trainees will learn how hazardous substances, noise and behaviour can have a serious impact on health.
The Passport Plus - Worker Health course is suitable for all workers, contractors and managers who may need to be aware of the risks of chemicals, dust, noise, stress and fatigue, or violence and bullying.
With the Passport Plus - Worker Health course you will:
- Improve your knowledge in a targeted area by learning more about a specific health and safety topic
- Advance your personal development by extending your health and safety knowledge
- Improve health and safety awareness of everyone working on site
What The Course Covers
- The risks of hazardous substances including chemicals, solvents, dust and asbestos
- The importance of looking after hearing
- The causes of workplace fatigue and stress
- The dangers of alcohol and drugs in the workplace
- The seriousness of workplace violence and bullying
- How to keep yourself and others safe
- Deliver a Toolbox Talk
- Shape health and safety culture through positive conversations
- Take action to improve health and safety on site
- Understand the impact of the new law on health and safety culture
This interactive course is split into two modules: a two-hour safety behaviour module and a two-hour technical module focusing on a specific health and safety topic. The course uses puzzles, games and videos to ensure learning is both enjoyable and motivational. Working in groups, trainees learn how to develop and present their own Toolbox Talk. Learning outcomes are reinforced through verbal debriefs and fun, interactive games. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basic risks and responsibilities of working with chemicals, dust, noise, stress, fatigue, violence and bullying.
- Build on the knowledge learnt in the entry-level Passport
- Improve the health and safety awareness on-site
- Understand the reasons for being safe
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
- Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- Four Licensed Building Practitioner points
- Three credits towards the Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety (only one Passport level course may be counted towards the certificate)
- Site Safe Passport Handbook
Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access, you don't need to complete the same course again - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. We offer a range of one and two-day courses which will renew your Site Safety Card/Passport.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
With over 60,000 New Zealand construction workers attending a Site Safe Passport course each year, most major New Zealand contractors require a Site Safety Card for entry to their sites, and as a prerequisite in their tender process.
As well as offering Passport courses, Site Safe also offers a range of one and two-day courses which automatically renew Site Safety Cards/Passports.