Training & Supervising Workers
A one-day course (formerly named Supervisor Update) designed for anyone who is responsible for workers on site.
This course is suitable for all site leaders, including; site managers, health and safety managers, supervisors and foremen.
With the course learners will:
- Examine the link between workers’ training, experience and competence
- Gain the tools to be able to effectively monitor workers, evaluate skill levels and training needs
- Earn 9 credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety
What The Course Covers
- Understanding your legal duties for training and supervision
- Evaluating and recording the training and qualifications required by your workers
- Evaluating the competence level of each worker for each job based on their training, experience, qualifications and observing their work methods
- Recognising how to work with other contractors to ensure the level of monitoring and supervision provided to each worker matches their level of competence
- Learn how to improve your company’s safety and efficiency through your health and safety culture.
- Assignment to be completed at trainees workplace
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the Construction industry, to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
After completing the course you will receive:
- A gold Site Safety Card/Passport (valid for two years)
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- 9 credits towards the Site Safe Certificate in Construction Site Safety
Your Next Learning Steps
Completing a Site Safe Passport means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access you don't need to complete the same course again - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. Your site access will automatically renew and you'll earn extra credits towards your Certificate in Construction Site Safety.
Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options after successfully completing this course.
Check out our Training CPD Matrix to see Site Safe courses and credits at a glance.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.