Training & Supervising Workers
A one-day course (formerly named Supervisor Update) designed for anyone who is responsible for workers on site.
This course is suitable for all site leaders, including; site managers, health and safety managers, supervisors and foremen.
With the course learners will:
- Examine the link between workers’ training, experience and competence
- Gain the tools to be able to effectively monitor workers, evaluate skill levels and training needs
- Earn 7 credits towards your Health and Safety in Construction Programme
What The Course Covers
- Understanding your legal duties for training and supervision
- Evaluating and recording the training and qualifications required by your workers
- Evaluating the competence level of each worker for each job based on their training, experience, qualifications and observing their work methods
- Recognising how to work with other contractors to ensure the level of monitoring and supervision provided to each worker matches their level of competence
- Learn how to improve your company’s safety and efficiency through your health and safety culture.
- Assignment to be completed at trainees workplace
Site Safe regularly reviews and updates course content in partnership with the Construction industry, to ensure alignment to best practice industry standards. Visit our Why Choose Site Safe Training page for more information.
What You'll Get at the End of the Course
After completing the course you will receive:
- A Site Safety Card (Passport) valid for two years
- 8 Licensed Building Practitioner points
- 7 credits towards the Health and Safety in Construction Programme
Your Next Learning Steps
Completing this course and passing the assignment means you'll gain site access for the next two years.
When it's time to renew your site access again you don't need to complete the same course - expand your health and safety knowledge with a different course that's relevant to you. Have a look at the pathway examples for more training options or progress your height learning.
Site Safe's Heights learning staircase
Completing this course will also mean that you are well on your way to gaining a qualification in health and safety; check out the Health and Safety in Construction Programme page for more info.
Please note: If you are attending a 1 or 2 day Site Safe course then you need to bring with you a form of identification that can be verified (travel passport, birth certificate or residency certificate). This is required by NZQA and the Tertiary Education Commission.
For a full list of our training courses visit our Our Training Courses page.
Need to maintain or renew your Site Safety card?
Maintain your Site Safety Card by choosing the right course for your current role. Download our easy to read card/course option poster and progress your career with our Health and Safety in Construction Programme Certificate.