Getting Kiwi workers home safe to their whānau at the end of each day, for the past 20 years.
Why we do what we do
Proud to be Safe.
Building safer and healthier workplaces together.
Health and Safety Policy
What We Do
Our focus is in the health and safety area of the construction industry, where we aim to provide the best leadership, behaviour and systems to support a positive change in the health and safety culture in New Zealand.
To achieve our mission and to help our members and the wider construction industry reach their health and safety goals, we focus on three strategic objectives:
Take the Lead
- The construction industry will be a leader in health, safety, and wellbeing.
- Companies that have a culture of safety that is embedded in their business practices.
- Building the knowledge and confidence of our people so that they can make an effective contribution to keep their workplace safe.
All staff and members uphold our values in the way we work and the way we demonstrate our commitment to each other and to the success of the organisation.
Safety – Safety and Health are at the forefront of what we do and who we are.
Attitude – We are respectful and honest. We believe with passion and work with integrity
Fairness – Our willingness to listen and learn enables continuous improvement towards excellence. We have inquiring minds and are open to change for the best outcomes.
Engagement – Our sense of team and trusting relationships enables robust debate and best practice development.
Our Products and Services
- SiteWise - Prequalification system for
easier contractor selection
and tendering process
- SiteRight - A site review and audit
solution to make sure sites
have up-to-date health and
- Site Safe training - Courses offered over a range of levels and skill sets to upskill workers on-site
- Site Safe consultancy - Provide help to make sure correct health and safety business practices are in place
- Health and Safety in Construction Programme - A NZQA recognised NZ Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3)
- Site Safe membership - Provide continued support on-site, advice and guidance
- Over 6,200 businesses from all parts of the construction and related industries are Site Safe members.
- We train over 78,000 people a year, giving them the skills and knowledge to stay safe on all types of sites.
- Relationships with major construction companies, crown entities and a range of other leading organisations from across the trades.
- The development of SiteWise - the contractor management database - for the construction industry to effectively prequalify and manage contractor health and safety systems.
- A nationwide service through Regional offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Site Safes Safety Advisors operate throughout the country and are qualified and experienced to provide tailor made solutions for businesses at all levels.