Getting kiwi workers home safe to their whānau at the end of each day, for the past 20 years.
Why we do what we do
Construction - Proud to be Safe
Build a Safer Construction Industry Together
Who We Are
Since it was formed in 1999, Site Safe has been influential in creating a positive change in the health & safety culture of New Zealand’s construction industry.
Our overarching goal is for the industry to be proud to be safe and to reduce injury and harm.
To do this, we provide education and resources on best practice systems and behaviours known to improve on-site health & safety. We help develop future Health & Safety leaders, give advice to businesses on solutions that make a real difference and ensure that everyone goes home safe at the end of each day.
Site Safe operates as a national not-for-profit membership organisation with extensive connections through our members, strategic partnerships and a strong relationship with industry groups. Our nationwide team is dedicated, experienced and passionate about what they do.
What We Do
Our focus is in the health and safety area of the construction industry, where we aim to provide the best leadership, behaviour and systems to support a positive change in the health and safety culture in New Zealand.
To achieve our mission and to help our members and the wider construction industry reach their health and safety goals, we focus on three strategic objectives:
Contribute to the Industry
- The construction industry will no longer be in the top five most dangerous industries.
- Increase awareness and knowledge of Health and Safety in order to change behaviour toward health and safety.
- Develop and maintain sustainable delivery model for individuals.
- Companies have health and safety leadership, behaviours and systems embedded in their business practice and are recording improved productivity and profitability as a result.
All staff and members uphold our values in the way we work and the way we demonstrate our commitment to each other and to the success of the organisation.
Safety – Safety and Health are at the forefront of what we do and who we are.
Attitude – We are respectful and honest. We believe with passion and work with integrity
Fairness – Our willingness to listen and learn enables continuous improvement towards excellence. We have inquiring minds and are open to change for the best outcomes.
Engagement – Our sense of team and trusting relationships enables robust debate and best practice development.
- Over 5,500 businesses from all parts of the construction and related industries are Site Safe members.
- We train over 78,000 people a year, giving them the skills and knowledge to stay safe on all types of sites.
- Relationships with major construction companies and crown entities.
- The development of SiteWise - the contractor management database - for the construction industry to effectively prequalify and manage contractor health and safety systems.
- A nationwide service through Regional offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Site Safes Safety Advisors operate throughout the country and are qualified and experienced to provide tailor made solutions for businesses at all levels.