Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the new online booking system work?
- Do I have to sign up to the website to use the online booking system?
- How do I pay?
- What credit cards do you accept?
- What do you use to make my credit card details secure?
- Can I pay on account / open a credit account / can you invoice me?
- Why can't I pay after the course / why won't you accept my order number as proof of intent to pay?
- What happens if there are no suitable course dates / how do I join a wait list?
- Can I choose my trainer?
- What is the cancellation policy / what happens if I can't attend the course?
- What happens if I want to change to go on a different course?
- How do I swap / substitute one trainee for another on a course?
- What happens if I do not know / am not sure who is going to attend the course?
- What happens if the course does not go ahead?
- How do I get a refund?
- What do I / the trainee have to bring to the course?
- How do I use my Online Credit?
- How do I view my Online Credit account balance / history?
- My card is being declined
- Who can access my Online Credit?
- How do I add people or remove people from company staff lists?
- My company is a Site Safe member. Will I get member pricing when booking online?
- How can I book a student rate?
- How do I get my card?
- What's expected from learners on Site Safe courses?
1. How does the online booking system work?
Basically, you find a course, book people onto it and pay online using either credit card or Internet Bank Payment.
Please note you must sign in to book a course with us and we do not accept bookings over the phone. You can create an online account with us here.
From September 29, you will need to provide a unique email address for each learner you book on to a course. This allows us to email them a link to their online enrolment form. This will make getting your Site Safety Cards (Passports) much faster as they will be instantly available via the Site Safe app as soon as the learner has successfully completed their course.
2. Do I have to sign up to the website to use the online booking system?
To place a booking yes, you do need to sign up and log in first. However, you can browse the Course Calendar to view our available training courses without signing up or logging in.
3. How do I pay?
You can pay online by using a credit card, or Internet Bank Payment. Or you can visit one of our Training Centres and pay by cash or eftpos over the counter. If you have an invoice, this can also be paid online.
4. What credit cards do you accept?
Visa, Mastercard and AMEX. We do not accept Diners Club online, however we can process your order manually. Please contact us.
5. What do you use to make my credit card details secure?
We use a secure payment gateway to DPS. Card details are encrypted when sent and not stored at any time by Site Safe. Please read our Privacy Information statement for more information.
6. Can I pay on account / open a credit account / can you invoice me?
If you would like to be able to charge to your account then please contact us and we can send you a credit application form.
7. Why can't I pay after the course / why won't you accept my order number as proof of intent to pay?
Prepayment is a requirement when training with Site Safe.
8. What happens if there are no suitable course dates / how do I join a wait list?
You can contact us or use the online wait list form.
9. Can I choose my trainer?
The trainer can often change at short notice so we do not advertise courses as being run by a particular trainer. If you would like an indication of who is likely to run a particular course we would be happy to help, please contact us.
10. What is the cancellation policy / what happens if I can't attend the course?
Please refer to our terms and conditions.
11. What happens if I want to change/go on a different course?
For in-class courses, changes and cancellations must be received at least 5 working days prior to a course. To change courses you must first cancel the original booking. Our cancellation policy will apply. If you are cancelling a course with 5 or more day's notice then you can do this yourself online via the My Site Safe portal.
For courses with an online component, such as the Passport Plus - Flexi, no changes or cancellations can be made after the online modules have been started, or all progress will be lost. If the online modules have not been started, then date changes for the in-class session are permitted up to 5 working days prior to the scheduled start time of the course. This can be changed online by the company’s administrator. If the online modules have not been started, the learner may be changed anytime prior to the start of the in-class session.
12. How do I swap / substitute one learner for another on a course?
Log in to your My Site Safe account and update the learner details online – please remember to include a unique email address for all learners. Alternatively, please contact us and we can assist you to make this change.
For courses with an online or webinar component, the login/registration details will be sent to the learner’s email. For these courses, no learner name changes can be made after the online modules have been started, or all progress will be lost.
13. What happens if I do not know / am not sure who is going to attend the course?
We strongly encourage you to enter the correct details for the learner, so that we can enrol them faster and get their Site Safety Card (Passport) issued sooner.
If you cannot provide the learner's details for a classroom-based course, you can use your own details. When you receive the online enrolment form, please do not complete it - the learner will need to complete the enrolment form themselves in class.
For courses with an online/webinar component, you must enter the learner's name and email address. This is so we can send the login/registration details to them.
14. What happens if the course does not go ahead?
We will contact you if the course is cancelled or postponed to organise a rebooking or refund where necessary.
15. How do I get a refund?
Contact us by phone or email with details of your purchase. If you have credit in your online account this can be refunded at any time. View our online refund form here
16. What do I / the trainee have to bring to the course?
If attending a one or two-day course, then Trainees are required to bring Birth Certificate, Passport or Certificate of Citizenship. For more information, please refer to our Learner Guide.
You may be required to bring equipment or PPE specifically relating to a Site Safe course. This will be outlined in your Course Confirmation of Booking.
17. How do I use my Online credit?
If you have a credit on your account then this will be automatically deducted from the cost of any bookings/purchases.
18. How do I view my Online Credit account balance/history?
To view your previous financial transactions you will need to login to the My Site Safe portal and then click on the ‘financial transactions’ tab. Or if you would like a full statement - please let us know your 'log-in email address' and 'company name' - email email@example.com
19. My card is being declined
Please check that you have available funds and check that you have entered in the correct credit card number, expiry, name of cardholder and CVC number. If your credit card is still declining please contact us.
20. Who can access my Online Credit?
Those people that have been set up your account as either the administrator or a transactional user will be able to access your online credit. If you wish to add another person to your account then sign into the My Site Safe portal and click on the Staff Management page and then add another staff member.
The new person that you add will then be sent details and a password to be able to sign in.
21. How do I add people or remove people from company staff lists?
To add or remove people from your company account, login to the My Site Safe portal and go to the Staff Management page. From here you can either add new staff members or edit and delete people off your company account. Please note only the administrator has access to be able to remove and add people to your company account.
22. My company is a Site Safe member. Will I get member pricing when booking online?
Yes, Site Safe will endeavour to match your login with your company's membership status to ensure you receive the correct rate when booking. Please contact us if you are still not receiving the correct rates. If you are a member, you must make sure you have logged in, so that we can identify your unique login information.
23. How can I book a student rate?
If you have been preapproved by Site Safe as an academic institution, you can book any of our Foundation Passport - Building Construction, Foundation Passport - Civil and Passport Plus courses online through our course calendar and you will automatically receive the student discount rate. If your organisation has not been preapproved, or you would like to make a booking for a course at your own venue, please contact us.
24. How do I get my card?
Your digital Site Safety Card/Passport is accessble by downloading the Site Safe app and once your course has been processed by the Site Safe team.
25. What's expected from learners on Site Safe courses?
For more information about what to expect on course, please read our Learner Guide.